RPE Respirator Face Fit Testing
Respirator Face Fit Testing. We are happy to advise our customers about how to find BSI Training Respirator Face Fit Training course to give you the skills and knowledge to meet the requirements of HSE282/28 for Competency of Fit Testing Operators.
CK European Safety Equipment Ltd has 2 qualified Fit Testers who will be more than happy to assist you.
Fit Testing Of Respirators – Training required
RPE Fit Testing is required for all tight-fitting facepieces including all filtering facepieces (disposable face masks), half masks and full-face masks. This includes negative pressure full-face masks as well as power-assisted full masks, and both self-contained and air-fed breathing apparatus.
Information Document HSE 282/28, recommends that RPE Fit Testing should only be conducted by a trained competent person.
The COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) Regulations include a requirement that the initial selection process for all tight-fitting facepieces should include face-fit testing to ensure the wearer has a correctly fitting device. Face-Fit Testing is also required under the Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations and the Control of Lead at Work Regulations.
To be competent, the fit test operator should have adequate knowledge and have received adequate instruction and training in the following areas:
- Regulations and Guidance
- The Purpose and Applicability of Fit Testing
- Procedures for Selection of Adequate and Suitable RPE
- Fit Factors and Protection Factors
- Examination Procedures for RPE, Identification of Maintenance Problems
- Correct Donning Procedures and Pre-Use Fit Checks
- Qualitative and Quantitative Face-Fit Testing
- Sampling from the Facepiece
- Diagnostic Checks on Equipment
- Correct Fit Testing Procedures, Purpose of the Fit Testing Exercises
- Problem Solving
- Capabilities and Limitations of the Fit Testing Equipment
- Interpretation of Results